Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby drill

While I was watching the kids play outside in the rain and mud (our usual summer routine) placement called with an emergency placement of a 6 month old little boy.  I have two appointments scheduled tomorrow. I called my neighbor and fellow foster mom to help me cover during the day, and she was willing.  Placement didn’t tell me much about the little guy except that he was neglected and his 10 year old sister set the house on fire while the parents were not home.  The kids and I got into gear ready to take (and love on) him until they found a permanent placement.  The kids were very excited, Rayne pulled the pack and play out of his room and put it together almost totally by himself, while Lexy put the sheets and blankets on.  We got out the car seat and stroller, and then placement called to let me know that they had already found permanent placement for him... which is great!  The kids were a little sad, because babies are always fun to have around.  It was good news for him,  he wasn’t going to have to bounce from place to place and I really do have a full plate right now anyway.  Everything happens for a reason. Placement knows how to work me and shares the sad storie, that make it hard for me to say no.  We went through the baby drill, and hopefully will be ready the next time there is a little one in need.

We also found another black widow spider on our front porch today, thankfully she (and her mate) were dead.  I have our family pest control guy coming over to take look around tomorrow.  I have never really been afraid of spiders, but I have also never been face to face with a black widow.  I'm getting a little nervous now!


                                            
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/6/6/tampa_couple_charged.html






                                                         

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Yesterday was Monty’s birthday the kids helped me bake him and cake and decorate it.  After dinner and cake Lexy and Rayne took out a few instruments and serenaded him with Happy Birthday for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment