Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The cure for anything is salt water.....


Pinned Image



I took Jay to live with his dad on Friday.  His reunification was delayed several times due to “drama”.  I will spare you the details, but I can tell you I no longer think his mother has his best interest at heart.  I believe she is capable of being a good mom and I wish she would.  Friday I went through the painful process of packing him to go home.  I ended up with 8 very large shopping bags overflowing with stuff and had enough formula to last him way past his first birthday.  I received an e-mail from his dad Saturday morning thanking me for everything and telling me that I would always be Jayden’s mom, I could pick him up anytime and stay in his life forever.  This brings me so much comfort… of course I am thrilled to keep in touch with my little man, but mostly because his dad trusts me!  He felt my genuine love for his baby and for this I am thankful.

My mind drifts to him often, wondering if his cold is better and how his first day at daycare was.  I want his teacher to know how snuggly he is and that he loves to dance.  I know he is okay, and I know he is where he should be.  I just miss him.  The kids are handling it amazingly as usual.  They completely loved him and accepted him as a brother the first day he arrived.  Yet they understand that it was time for him to leave..  I got Jay an amber necklace to help with his teething, Rayne had one like it….. Rayne has not taken his off since I put it on Jay.  We all have our own ways of coping and we are!  Being a foster family is not for the weak at heart let me tell you… my kids got this!!   They are loving, accepting and so strong.  They understand our commitment and help me keep perspective.

Saturday after soccer my mom wanted to take the kids fishing.  Honestly I am not a big fan of fishing even though I grew up doing it.  Don’t get me wrong I do love the water, boating, the beach, picking up shells, and swimming.  So we went to the marina where dad has one of his offices and fished off the docks.  Grandma and the kids caught 12 fish all different sizes and kinds.  It was so much fun!!  Lexy caught several fish then found joy in playing in the bait bucket, feeding birds and gathering shells.  Rayne stayed focused and refused to reel his line in until there was a fish on it.  It was just the distraction we all needed.  Thanks Grandma!! 
Little red snapper


Sting ray
 
grunt



grunt



sheephead




Lady fish



Big black drum


Little red fish

1 comment:

  1. We've been praying for you! I'm so glad that Jay's Dad is letting you remain in contact with him! The fishing looks like fun! My boys are just learning how to fish with Daddy and it's one of their favorite things to do as well :) Good catches kids!!

    ReplyDelete