Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our ripples are making waves...


The season is upon us and it does it get busy fast.  I can’t believe it has been two weeks since I have posted an update.  Since our sweet foster baby went home I have kept in touch with his dad and even babysat him last weekend. He seems well adjusted and he is right where he needs to be with his daddy.  It I'm honest it was fun having him for the weekend and it was also good to take him home where I know he is save and loved.  After just a weekend with him I wondered how I got anything done with the extra baby in the house.  I am trying to take off fostering for the holiday season.  I have asked to only be called for emergency placements until the first of the year. I don’t take my name completely off because I can’t stand the thought of kids being stuck in the sheriff’s office during Christmas and unfortunately this is a busy time for foster care.  I just pray (for the children’s sake) they don’t need me.

As I shared in my last post the kids and I (and another homeschooling/foster mom friend) started a “little” Random Acts of Kindness project.  We have a long list that grows everyday of kind acts we can do for friends and strangers.  On a whim I created a facebook event to share in hopes that others would join us.  I have been blown away by the response!!  My friend Melissa and I had no idea that our little family projects would begin this small movement.  We have almost 1,200 people that have committed to completing kindness acts on 12-12-12.  The coolest part of it is all to me is that it started a conversation.  People are talking sharing ideas and excited about it.  People have asked that we extend and make it a year round project.  So we started a year round kindness page called Living Stones..... Making a ripple with love and kindness.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/LivingStonesMakingARippleWithLoveAndKindness

As many of you know we started this project to teach our children by example and hands on activities to be kind and love others.  I could share tons of stories on how my family has been blessed these last several days.  We have had homeless people tell us they love us, hugs from strangers, happy dances for volunteers at the foster parent association, a cash donation from a stranger (we passed along to a family that needed a little help over Christmas) and lots joy in our hearts from things we do anonymously.  We went out to make a small change in the world and ended up having a huge change in our own hearts. 

If you want to join our little movement…  Join our event on facebook or like our page.  Please don’t misunderstand I do not assume that you are unkind…..I know most of the people that follow my blog are personal friends and family and are kind by nature.  This is just a reminder to start the conversation and spread love everywhere you go.  It could change the world and possibly (like our family) change your own heart..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment