Wednesday, December 26, 2012

When it rains it pours…

Last week I was in a car accident.  Rayne and I were heading over to my mom’s house to take care of their kitty while they were in Pine Island.  When we went through an intersection a pick up truck turned into our car at a high rate of speed.  The man driving did not have a driver’s license and his insurance may or not be valid.  Since it was just before the holiday his insurance company is on vacation and will not return until tomorrow.  My car likely will be a total loss and there is a chance that we will not be covered.  Rayne is totally fine and I had a few days being very sore but thankfully neither of us were really hurt and I have a rental car right now.

 I have not been feeling well again and I saw my rheumatologist. I have stomach ulcers again due to the medication I take for my lupus so they are treating them with new medications and have lowered my plaquenil (anti-malaria that treats lupus) in an effort to get my stomach healed.  She was also concerned with my iron levels so she ordered some more labs and sent me to a hematologist that I saw today.  My ferritin iron level was 4, she said seriously low is 10 and normal is 40-300.  She said all my efforts in trying to eat more iron would not be able to combat how low my numbers are.  She is suggesting an iron infusion.  Unfortunately it is a pricey procedure and I will likely need more than one.  Due to the recent costs of the accident I am not sure how we are going to afford it all.  Monty just reassures me that it will work out, but I am very worried.

 To top it off the little health insurance we have has lost the contract to baycare (which is ALL of our local hospitals) when I called them today they did not have a solution so we have NO hospital coverage.  I called several other insurance companies but due to my lupus and Monty’s pre-existing condition no one else will cover us individually.  We are getting some quotes for small group coverage with Gary Consulting, but it is going to be very expensive.  Again I find myself weary and just putting one foot in front of the other…. but I AM still moving!  Thank God!!

Grandma and Grandpa and their grandbabies <

The kids got matching (twins) baby dolls for Christmas….. Lexy said “placement must have called Santa and told him to find a good home for these babies.”
Decorating the tree




Santa Came
 On a positive note we had a great Christmas.  We were all together we shared lots of love and received lots gifts.  I had good intentions of cutting back but we were all spoiled.  Though I have been feeling overwhelmed lately I do know that I am blessed.  The financial and health challenges that I am facing does not compare to what many others are dealing with. 

1 comment:

  1. God ALWAYS provides, Amanda! Gonna keep praying and believing for you! LOve you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete