Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Car


So much has happened since I last blogged, I am not sure where to begin. I think I will post a few small updates to catch up.

The year ended with me being in a bad car accident.  Thankfully Rayne and I were okay but my car was totaled.  There was some doubt that insurance was going to cover any of it because the guy that hit us had no license and was not honest when completing his insurance paperwork.  Since the accident was his fault and we did not have collision his insurance was our only hope. Thankfully they decided to cover my trailblazer 80%.  It should have been 100% because the police report said I had no fault and he failed to yield the right of way…. anyway  I went from thinking I was getting nothing, so needless to say I was grateful.  It took the insurance company more than a month to compensate us. I have sweet friends that let me use their extra car while I was waiting on insurance and shopping for a new (to me) car.  Buying a car is a big expense and a big decision so, with my dad’s help I bought a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ.  It is shiny with a lot of bells and whistles.  We needed a third row so we can fit car seats and it had to be large enough to pull our 24’ camper.  Trying not to make more of a footprint than we had to I did a lot of research on SUV’s and engines.  The one we bought has a fuel management system so it drops down to 4 cylinders when possible.  It is also equipped with flexfuel so it can run on ethanol.  It is already better on gas than my smaller truck was. It also has second row bucket seats and a dvd player. Sporty on the outside, family friendly on the inside and will pull our camper with ease. I know not all stay-at-home moms are blessed with all these luxuries in a car. It’s a beautiful truck and boy do I feel spoiled.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment