Sunday, March 25, 2012

It’s the journey not the arrival that matters!


I was pretty heartbroken about not attending Springfest (the music festival in Live Oak on the Suwannee River) this weekend.  Not only is it one of my favorite festivals of the year, but we had already invested money in a fabulous camp site that the park had no desire to help us recover.  It was no doubt the right decision.  It has been a rough weekend for me.  I have been terribly sick and it rained.   Don’t get me wrong I love the rain (it’s cleansing and great for my garden), just not camping in it.

I have not been able to physically accomplish much this weekend, but my husband lovingly reminded me (as we were sharing about figuring out our next step) that searching and planning is an accomplishment.  Even though I am not up to it right now, the next step in our journey of simplifying is to purge the “stuff” that is weighing us down.  This one is going to be tough, because I love stuff.  I have way too many material things, not to mention the emotional baggage of fear.  The “stuff” that is important in life is health, family, service to others, and spirituality… fear and clutter prevent me from completely focusing on them.

Sometimes because of lupus I feel like life is passing me by, but in reality this is my life and it is my journey…..“It’s the journey not the arrival that matters.”  On this (my) journey to health, happiness and wholeness, I am have the amazing opportunity to teach my children and watch them grow, to support and love husband on his path, and to serve God and mankind.  So here I am seeking striving and in it with all my heart…. in hopes to become a better mother, wife, daughter, and human being!  <3


“Remember happiness is a way of travel not a destination.”


Picking Organic Veggies
Hydro Harvest Farm

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I didn't see this blog before, buy I'm happy to be following now!
    It's nice to hear you found a Dr that you know and who knows you. I think that could be key in helping you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful person and an inspiration, Amanda! <3 your new blog. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, and also for giving wholly of your heart and love.

    ReplyDelete