Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Spring

I am overdue for an update. I am bad at communication when I don’t feel good. It’s been a rough month. Spent an afternoon in the ER, another visit to my primary to find out I likely have a stomach ulcer. I started a medication to treat it in hopes that I will not have to have more invasive tests and treatments. I think it is working.

So since my last update (and Dr. appointment), I have put almost all of my energy in eating, clean, unprocessed and healing foods. I have found local organic markets, started my garden, read books, watched documentaries, and vegan cooking shows. The first weeks of my dietary changes I felt awful. It was likely a combination of having the stomach ulcer, and my body detoxing. I have been focusing on eating high iron foods, getting plenty of protein, and as many super foods as I can. I am also on the waiting list to see a holistic dr. that specializes in autoimmune diseases. I have been acquainted with him for many years through my hippie family, and he has a great reputation. He spends a lot of time with his patients and my hope is that he will help insure that my nutritional needs are being met. This week I have had several days of feeling better than I have in a long time. I hope to continue in this direction. I have never been so motivated to get healthy. I have also never had such huge consequences for not taking care of myself.

I have joined one of the local support groups in the Lupus Foundation of Florida. It has been therapeutic and healing, to meet other people on a similar journey. The women I have met are amazing and inspiring. I am so far from where I started being angry and refusing to have Lupus as one of my causes. Now I am organizing a team for the upcoming walk, and helping with the facebook page. I still feel afraid many days, but am working hard not to indulge in self pity, but if I take a step back and look at the whole picture. I have come a long way and I know it could be a lot worse. 
The kids and I are loving being in my yard and garden the weather has been beautiful. I have tons of sprouts and plants started. Can’t get more local and organic than my own back yard, I also have some new amazing flowers thanks to my sweet uncle. We are looking forward to camping at our favorite music festival at the end of the month. So I plan on feeling healthy and strong to enjoy it. Thanks again as always for all the love and support.

Kids watching a 3d movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment