Monday, May 14, 2012

For my children

I blog for many reasons….. it’s become very therapeutic, I hope it may help someone else, to keep family and friends “in the loop” but mostly for my children.  The truth is most everything I do now is for my children, and how blessed am I to have them to give me such a wonderful, meaningful, purpose to my life. 


As a mother myself I now understand the sacrifices my mother made to raise me and my brother.  I am so blessed to have her as an example of what a good mother is. Being a mom is hard work, but is the most amazing job I have ever had.  The rewards outweigh any amount of money, and could never be put in to words.  

Yesterday for mother’s day mom gave me a very personal book about mothers and daughters, that she added our own story to every page. She is such a beautiful and inspiring spirit.  As I was reading and reflecting on our relationship, it made me think about my children.  In all of my flaws and mistakes my wish is that they know my heart, just like I know my moms.



My Sweet Lexy Rose, and Rayne Michael,

I know often get it wrong and do not make all the right choices or have the right reactions, but my hope is that you will see my heart. I love you and I ALWAYS will.   

As I watch you grow I am also learning and growing.  You are my teachers and you are doing a fabulous job.  Keep leading me and I will follow.  I can not promise that I will always get it right, but please don’t give up on me. 

So many days I want to slow down the process (and have more time with you at each stage), yet I can’t wait to see the amazing people you become.   Don’t allow any of your past, or my fears and mistakes stop you from being anything you want to be.  Dream big and please don’t be afraid.  Be yourself and be proud of who you are. 

You are strong, talented, beautiful and worthy of so much love.  Remember we are all connected, do what is natural and this is to love.  Take care of yourselves, others and the earth.  Be still and listen to your heart, God often speaks in a whisper.

Thank you for all the color, light, and meaning you have brought into my life.  I pray I never take you and your gifts for granted. 

All of my love!!



1 comment: