Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Family Gardens





The kids and I have spent most of our time outside this week.  We can’t seem to drag ourselves in until just before dark every night.  Our garden is growing, the weather is warm and sunny just like we like it.  We have been playing with the new tree swings and zip line (yes I said zip line) Monty made for the kids.  Chasing, observing and removing bugs from the garden takes a lot of our time. Spraying everything in sight with a special mix of onion, and garlic juice and soap to keep the bugs and mildew away.  We have gathered and are watching several lizard eggs waiting for them to hatch.  Lexy and I put together a fairy garden and check everyday to see if any fairies have moved in.  Lexy seems to think they only hang out there at night while we are sleeping.

Lexy's Fairy Garden
The kids very own garden!
The kids decided they wanted their on garden, so they pulled all the weeds, carried the pavers and dirt and planted the seeds they picked out all by themselves.  It was hard work and they were troopers!  They have lots of veggies and flowers not all are in season, but that’s okay.  I really wanted it to be theirs, and they will learn from the experience.  They tend to it and water it everyday, and already have sprouts coming up.

Kids Garden



I have had to come inside a little bit to continue purging my house and preparing for my garage sale Friday and Saturday.  This is just the beginning of this process of simplifying, but it is going to feel great to get rid of all this round junk and hopefully I will make a little cash. 

Turning the TV off has been difficult and fun.  The kids have been fighting more, but they have also been playing and creating more.  I love to hear their imaginative play.  I think we are past the worst part of the withdraws and I know they will grow up better people because of it.

I am still having trouble keeping up with everything I want to do, and it is emotionally and physically draining.  Tonight was the Lupus Walk Kick off Party, and I was not able to attend.  I have to pick and choose what is most important, and right now my number one priority is at home, my kids, my husband and our health.  I still believe I am going to have a full recovery, and visualize remission.  Everything just takes time.

Next weekend we will be camping at Orange Blossom Jamboree and Saturday we will drive over from Brooksville to The Lupus Walk. I love camping and I love my lupus friends, I just hope I can balance it all.








1 comment:

  1. Garden looks great! Wish we were nearby to be your taste-testers! :) We limited Doodle's screen time a few months ago and it's been going really well, especially now that I'm back on my feet. I'm really looking forward to summer weather and being able to get out of the house more! Take care of yourself!! xoxo -De

    ReplyDelete