Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I have peace today….

Sweet Harry moved to his new foster home yesterday with his 4 year old sister.  It’s a very complicated case. There are 3 different fathers…. There is the father of 5 oldest (there is different father of the 4 year old in the middle of those) and the two youngest (which is Harry) have another dad.  The dad of the oldest 5 is willing to take the oldest 6 that includes the 4 year old that is not biologically his.  It is very possible that he will not be able to get all 6 and that the 4 year old could stay in foster care.  All that to tell you that the foster home he moved into is with his 4 year old sister…. I had huge reservations about it.  It took Harry quite sometime to adjust to us and I am fearful that his sister could leave as early as a few days after he moves in.  Then he would have to start over again. 

 After the incident with the case worker and reporting her to my FDS worker, I was getting the feeling she just wanted to move him so she wouldn’t have to deal with me anymore.  She called me yesterday morning and told me she was picking him up for a visit at 1:00pm and to have him packed because he would not return.  My heart dropped and mind started racing!  Monty was at work he wouldn’t be here to see him off, were all his clothes clean, did I get him everything he needed, did I have all his favorite toys, sippy cups, meds together…. Thank goodness my sweet teenager Kelley stayed with me that night and was here to help me.  With her help we managed to get everything together and send him off with his worker.  I got his new foster mom’s number, and called her about an hour after he left.  She was so pleased that I called and she wanted to know his schedule and everything I had already learned about him to make his transition as smooth as possible.  She was completely open to us visiting him and possibly doing respite for them.  She also shared some of her parenting views, and they are very similar to ours (not that we have it all figured out) just so it would be an easy transition for Harry.  I also think it will be helpful to his sister (who is having some trouble adjusting to foster care) to have the reassurance of having him there with her.  I hung up and had peace.  I know it all happened for a reason.  He left our home much healthier than he arrived, happy, feeling loved, safe and with two huge bins of “stuff”.  I can honestly say I did the best I could!

 My house is quiet today he was a noisy, happy, little guy.   He filled the room with joy and I already miss him, but I am also enjoying the stillness and time with Lexy and Rayne.  My worker called and asked if I wanted to be taken off the call list (since it has been so crazy here) so I opted for a few weeks of quiet before placement starts calling again.


I am looking forward to my family’s (mom’s side) annual girl’s weekend.  I am blessed with an amazing family and wonderful women role models.  It’s perfect timing for fun, relaxation and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment