Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rough week!!

Rayne survived the worst virus he has had in his short little life.  It was 7 days of high fevers, rashes, vomiting, waking up screaming in the middle of the night saying his head hurt and just feeling awful.  It would not have been so bad if the duration was not so long and everyday a new symptom had not occurred.  I am thankful he is feeling better and am praying that the rest of us stay healthy.

In the throws of the illnesses, the mishaps with Harry, and my car (the only one that will hold all three car seats) started acting up and needed to be towed to the shop. I decided to reach out to my FDS worker for an understanding ear.  She was concerned with the length of stay that he has been here.  We are only a short term home and kids should not be sleeping in a pack and play on a long term basis, she was alarmed about the incidents of his last visit/doctors appointment and believes they are asking too much of our family.  She found out that the placement where his 4 year old sister is can likely take him early next week. This means he will be with his sister for now and my hope would be that when his sister moves in with his step dad that the 1 month old sister would be able to move in to his place in the foster home with Harry.  I really don’t want him to bounce again if it is at all possible.  I have to trust that everything happens for a reason.

I have been talking to the kids about it, and they are anticipation him leaving already.  The longer he stays the harder it is going to be on all of us.  He is so well adjusted now! He is colorful, happy, noisy and has the sweetest little personality!!  He is loveable and so well behaved.  It did not take him long to fall right into our family routine.  I do however feel the need to put on my own life vest and the recent events, health issues and lack of support has left me exhausted and an emotional wreck.  My joints ache, I am back to running fevers almost every day, and am covered in rashes.  My body is giving me the signs that I am pushing it too hard and I need to listen.


I will know more Monday about what is going to happen with our brother from another mother.  Please send him love and light and keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praying Harry can move to be with his brother early this week and you can get some rest and a break so your body can heal as well!

    ReplyDelete