Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sooner than we thought


I talked to Jay’s worker this afternoon and turns out that he may have been “unjustly sheltered”.  Since his dad has no priors, a good job and now a new home he may be able to move in with him immediately.  The case worker should get back to me today.  He could still have to have a home study completed but even then it is likely that he can live with him while the backgrounds and home study are pending.  Court is Friday so if we don’t know anything before we will defiantly know by then.  I am planning to attend the visit tomorrow to meet the dad.  He is new to the area and I would love to be a support to him as need, and the added bonus to that is I would be able to see him and how he is doing. Of course my car is in the shop this week and won’t be ready until Friday so it has been a challenge trying to figure out transportation that will hold all three car seats. 

I thought the more kids you take the easier it is to let them go, but for me and the kids it just seems to get harder.  This one is going to be tough on all of us.  They are all loveable, but this little guy is particularly charming and has quickly worked his way into our hearts.  More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment