Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter eggscitment


Our Easter celebrations began with having my coming family over for our egg coloring tradition.  It is quiet an event and has become a tiny bit competitive. We have all the newest and coolest egg dying kits, and mom always has prizes for the best eggs.  It’s a fun and messy evening.  Everyone made a “prize egg” and our eggs were beautiful as always.
Easter baskets #2 from Grandma


 The Easter bunny made it to our house and the kids were happy with their more practical Easter baskets full of socks, underwear, pajamas, a few toys and a chocolate bunny. I don’t think the even noticed that it wasn’t packed full of candy this year. I woke up feeling pretty yuck, but managed to get me and the kids to church to meet my family. Lexy and Rayne looked adorable in their Easter clothes. The service was great, and Rayne did not shed one tear going into his class. I had to come home and rest (this gave the kid’s time to inventory their loot). When I started feeling better we headed over to grandmas for a wonderful afternoon of egg hunts, swimming in the pool, bbq, bunny shaped cake, golf cart rides, and snake hunts. We also celebrated grandpa’s birthday. Rayne had gathered him a special birthday box of treasures that include a few rocks, a guitar pick, a dice, a shell, and a fish letter box.

Egg hunt prize

Yesterday I felt good, the kids I went out to lunch, and then we came home and spent sometime in yard. I even had the energy to transfer my compost to my new cool bin that my brother got me for my birhtday. Monty made the kids a new disk tree swing and tire swing that they have been spending much of their outside time on.  Our yard is super small, but we take advantage of every inch of it.

Sunflower in garden
Garden stone
Today started out great.  The kids and I painted a few garden stepping stones, we did our school work, and Lexy had speech therapy.  In the afternoon we headed outside for a bike ride, only to find out that mine and Monty’s bikes had been stolen.  I loved my tricycle and to add salt to the wound Monty had ordered me an electric motor for it for my birthday that was on back order.  Our bikes were quite unique!  I was complaining to Monty about how sad I was that my bike is gone, he reminded me that on the list of bad thing that could happen to us this was pretty low on the list.  He is so right… I know it is just stuff, but it was mine.  I know this is a lesson I needed to learn right now.  I have everything that is the most important and it is not my “stuff”.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. I'm sad for your trike, but Monty is totally right, it is pretty low on the list. On a happier note, I'm glad you were feeling well for Easter. It's such a cheery spring holiday! And I am ready to be on Rayne duty at OBJ so you can nap when needed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Spring time (including Easter) is my favorite. I was thinking I would be on Tyce duty so you could nap :) Can't wait to see you all and love on the baby!! Hugs my friend!!

      Delete