Saturday, April 28, 2012

We're listening

This week Monty has done several after hour jobs, and not come home until really late at night or I guess you could say early in the morning.  Last night (while daddy was working) after the kids were bathed and fed, I decided to slip into my evening Epsom salt soak. Rayne followed me with a bucket full of toy airplanes so he could play with me while I was in the tub.  I locked the front and back door, and left Lexy in the family room watching a kid show we had taped on the DVR.  Rayne went back to the family room gather more planes and I heard him say to Lexy you are not supposed to be watching that.  Lexy hurried in to the bathroom in a panic.  Rayne turned the TV off and reported to me that his sister was watching dead bodies with no heads… YIKES.  After her show ended the regular television came on to CSI NY.  I have never actually watched the show, but I can only imagine.  Needless to say the rest of the evening Lexy was terrified. We were awake a lot of the night dealing with nightmares and fears.  It didn’t help that her daddy wasn’t home, things always run more smoothly when Monty is here.  This was my wake up call I know the kids need to cut back on their TV and electronic time and this was my message loud and clear.

Dancing in the rain!
Monty took the kids to soccer this morning, and when they got home I had Lexy lay down for awhile due to her not sleeping much the night before.  Daddy and her had some afternoon shopping plans, so Rayne and I headed out to USF botanical gardens for their rescheduled (due to rain) earth day celebration.  It’s a fun event and I enjoy talking to the vendors and learning new stuff.  We bought a few new plants, Rayne made some crafts, and we listened to a live band.  Nice afternoon and it felt good to get out, I have had a little cabin fever.

The kids and I spent the rest of the afternoon outside playing in the rain and hula hooping.  The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.  They love to be outside!






When I went to start dinner tonight, I realized that our second refrigerator and freezer had quit working.  We quickly began saving what food we could and I made room for what was left in our main fridge.  It was disappointing to lose so much food, but I had another wake up call!  We do not need a second refrigerator and freezer.  It uses too much energy, and we are not that big of a family.  So we cleaned it out and have no plans of replacing it.

I have heard Oprah talk about how God speaks to her through a whisper at first, but then gets louder until he is shaking her to open up to something new.  This is happening to me! I know many things about our lifestyle have to change to be healthy, and whole.  Monty and I really want to focus on what is important, and not take our good life for granted. I have been taking small steps to move our family in this direction, but God, the universe, mother earth just keep getting louder and we are listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment