Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday fun!

My mom came and spent the day with me on my birthday, she is wonderful at making me feel special. While she was here a childhood friend stopped by and brought me beautiful bouquet of flowers.  It was a nice surprise, then I joined her and some more friends for a birthday lunch.  The kids sang me happy birthday when I got home and we blew out candles on cupcakes mom brought.  My day ended with just me and mom going to get a pedicure, when Monty got home to keep the kids. It was indeed a happy birthday!  
New garden fence!
 Thanks to my sweet, handy brother my garden fence is finally up and my vegetable plants protected from the neighborhood herbivores.  The fence is fantastic, Mike Jr is very talented and attentive to detail.  With the scraps from the fence Rayne built himself a bunny trap to catch a pet rabbit thankfully it is not effective, but we go out and check it every morning just in case.  I planted sunflowers and marigolds around the exterior.  I just love that our garden is coming together. 
Herb Garden
Plant nursery
Rayne's bunny trap
I have slowly starting some of the house purging.  Monty got me a new closet organizer and installed it last night, so he pulled everything out of my closet and my plan is for just a fraction of it to go back in.  I will share much of what I am removing, but we will also have a big garage sale to help with some of the medical bills. As for simplifying and using less… we have stopped using paper towels, have changed to rechargeable batteries, I am making our laundry soap and cleaning supplies, and I no longer wear deodorant (unless it’s a special occasion).  We are still buying our produce from local markets as much as possible, and choosing companies to support that share our same philosophies. I am in the process of moving a bunch of our outside plants inside to help our air quality. Monty is so helpful in this process.  We already thought we lived a pretty “earthy crunchy” healthy life, but the more we learn the more we realize there is SO much more we can do.  Monty talks about someday being able to be self reliant and “go off the grid.”  We can dream… right?

 I am still working very hard on focusing on positive, being grateful and taking control of what I am able to.  Still lupus is physically and emotionally draining, no matter how hard I try not to give it that power.  I have learned visualization, manifestation, gratitude, affirmation, taking control, but still the fear and negativity creeps in.  I was talking with Monty last night (after watching a Wayne Dyer special) I understand the positive part, but I still need to learn how to keep the fears at bay.  It is something I am actively working on.  I look forward to the day I will no longer post about lupus, and the anguish it causes my family and I.  I am healthy.  I am love.  I am connected.



1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks beautiful! I love the fence. Also, I never thought about the fact that deodorant blocks a lot of area that you body uses to release toxins. Good call. Have you ever tried using the deodorant crystals? I have one. As far as reducing..it lasts forever..like years. And it lets you body still 'sweat out the bad stuff'. The crystal blocks the bacteria that causes odor. It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete