Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sleepy

Little Harry arrived at 4 am Sunday morning. Monday a CPI transporter picked him up to take him to the doctor. I expressed some concerns about a rattle I heard in his chest among other thing, like his peanut allergy, and asthma. He came back with a clean bill of health, I was not surprised. I’m not crazy about the Dr they take the foster kids to. His seal like cough and chest got worse, so I took him to our doctor on Wednesday. We came home with a nebulizer for his asthma, an oral steroid for his chest rattle and two epi pens for his peanut allergy. Not to mention advice and websites to support his health issues. Wednesday afternoon he was taken to a visit with the father of some of his older sibling, his bio-mom, and all 7 of his brothers and sisters. Since there are so many children he was picked up at 3pm and did not return until 8:30pm. I packed him a peanut free supper, since he would be gone through supper but returned without eating. I gave him dinner and a bath and we got ready for bed. Bedtime has been tough he has a lot of anxiety about it and our cats. We have tried several approaches, me on the couch with his pack and play right beside me gets everyone the most sleep. I am grateful for Monty and his support while we work thorough bedtime.

Our big scary cat :)
 Thursday was our day of worker visits. Harry’s newly assigned case workers, yes plural they assigned two because there are so many kids. I found out a little more about the case. The sibling that was injured had to have staples in his head, but has been released from the hospital. Harry’s dad is in jail, and I am assuming the bio mom will get a case plan. Apparently the father of the 4 oldest (and one in the middle) was very sad at the visit and is moving into a bigger home so he will be able to take his kids and the youngest (which is Harry). With all that being said…I am not sure how long he will be with us.It was only suppose to be the weekend until they found a placement that could keep some of his siblings together. Now we are just not sure, there are so many kids coming into care and foster homes are packed. I really want to see his case through, so he won’t have to bounce. He is a handsome darling little boy, and fits very nicely into our family, probably too good. We are already attached, and the longer he stays the harder it is going to be. Court is scheduled for the end of the month and who knows what will happen then. Until then we can only hope we all start getting a little more rest.

 This morning the kids had their last t-ball game and party, we are so tired we almost slept through it. We hurried up and made it in time to celebrate and get trophies. We came home to our neighborhood block party. They had 3 bounce houses, snow cones, face painting, a balloon artist, and home depot with wood crafts. Spent the rest of the afternoon was in our little pool in the yard. Harry was so tired he was falling asleep in his dinner plate .My plan was to wear everyone out so we all get a good night sleep tonight. It was a fun, hot family day!! The kids had a blast and I love showing off all my babies.



Playing in the dirt :) Our favorite past time
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a home for Harry where he and his siblings can be together. I'm glad that he seems to mostly be doing well and I will be praying you get some sleep! I know the land of couch dwelling very well right now!

    ReplyDelete