Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blessing in disguise

I was very bummed when I found out I did not qualify for the study, but it is really a good thing. My lupus is not active enough now to qualify and this is wonderful news. It means at this time there is little threat to my organs. On the down side the lower numbers do not affect how sick I feel, we will not be getting the financial help and access to the study staff. My doctor doubled the anti malaria medication I am on and gave me something else to help the pain (that cost $250 with insurance) ugh! She will recheck my labs in 3 month with hopes that it is not progressing. I asked a lot of question and only got a few answers, but it is because there really aren’t answers. With that being said they are making huge strides in understanding and treating lupus. There is hope and I do have some peace with my disease (today anyway:))…. Not loving it yet, but I will get there.

Though terribly disappointed about having to cancel our camping trip…. I am still thankful! I have an amazing, friend going to help with homeschooling Lexy until I begin feeling better. I am so appreciative of all the love that I have been shown to my family. For now my numbers are low, my kids are healthy, my husband has work, and I am grateful!! I am reminded daily that it could be worse, that families are struggling with much bigger thing than I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment